The Spiritual Significance of Flowers, is a hard cover landscape format book of 785 pages by The Mother of Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry. They are a set of two volumes on Flowers and is available in three editions: English, French and German.
"Flowers speak to us when we know how to listen to them," the Mother said. "It is a subtle and fragrant language." As if to provide a key to this language, she identified the significance of almost nine hundred flowers. In this book, these flowers and their meanings are presented in the light of her vision and experience.
The book consists of two separately bound parts.
- Part 1: The text and photographs, is arranged thematically on the basis of the Mother's flower significance. In each of the twelve chapters, flowers of related significance are grouped together; these groups are then placed in a sequence that develops the theme of the chapter. The organisation of the chapters is outlined in the contents. For each flower in Part 1, the following details are given: the Mother's significance, her comment on the significance, the botanical name, and the colour or colours of the flower. Relevant quotations from the works of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother accompany many flower-significances as an aid to understanding them. For most flowers, there is a colour photograph to facilitate identification.
- Part 2 is a reference volume containing indexes, glossaries, detailed descriptions of the flowers, and other information. The three indexes make it possible to locate the flowers in Part 1 by looking under the Mother's significance, the botanical name, or the common name. This reference volume contains indexes, glossaries, descriptions of the flowers, and other information.
"Mirra Alfassa - The Mother or La Mère, is the spiritual collaborator of Sri Aurobindo, who considered her to be of equal yogic stature to him and called her by the name ""The Mother"". Around 1924 she founded the Sri Aurobindo Ashram. In 1943, she started a school in the Ashram named Sri Aurobindo International Center of Education. Sri Aurobindo Society was started by the Mother in 19th September 1960. She was not only the founder and the Executive President. In 1968 established Auroville, an experimental township dedicated to human unity and evolution. She was influential on the subject of Integral Yoga.
Details of the Book:
- ISBN Code: 978-81-7058-609-8
- Subject: The Spiritual Significance Of Flowers (Parts 1 and 2 bound separately)
- Pages: 785
- Dimensions (in cms): 28x22
- Weight: 2.5 kg
- Delivery Time: 6-7 days
- Country of Origin: India
Disclaimer: Product color may slightly vary due to photographic lighting sources or your monitor/screen settings. All images are for reference purposes only.